Last updated on December 28th, 2019 at 11:20 am
- Provides legal protection of privacy of all information published online. Cybercrime Law aims to protect privacy of information from any use whatsoever by electronic or IT means and imposes punishment for anyone for using an electronic network or any information technology means for the unwarranted violation of the privacy of others.
- Stipulates punishments on any individual for using any kind of information technology to extort or to threaten others online to force them to engage in.
- Criminalizes activities by any person who creates or runs any electronic site to send, transmit, publish or promote online any pornographic material, gambling activities, solicit prostitution and any other indecent acts.
- Stipulates punishments for any person creating or running an electronic to promote disorder, hate, racism or sectarianism and damage national unity or social peace or damage public order and pubic decency.
- Stipulates punishments for any person for creating or running an electronic site to raise, online or through any information technology means that may call for the raising of donations without authorization from the competent authorities.
- Stipulates penalties of imprisonment on any person who may create or run an electronic site or any information technology means, to deride or to damage the reputation or the stature of the state or any of its institutions, its President, the Vice President, any of the Rulers of the emirates, their Crown Princes, the Deputy Rulers, the national flag, the national anthem, the emblem of the state or any of its symbols.
- Stipulates penalties of imprisonment on any person publishing any information, news, caricatures or any other kind of pictures that would pose threats to the security of the state and to its highest interests or violate its public order.
- Imprisonment for at least six months and a fine between AED 150,000 up to AED 500,000. For spreading fake news and rumors on social media destabilizes the security of the country that is punishable by law with a fine of up to AED 1 million.
- Article 42 allows a court to deport a foreigner who is convicted of any crime under this law.