Last updated on March 30th, 2020 at 11:39 pm
In accordance with resolution No. (38) for the year 2020 following the cabinet decision No. 17 of 2020 regarding violating regulations for spreading communicable diseases.
The resolution sets penalties ranging from Dh 500 to Dh 50,000 for violating precautionary measures to curb the spread of coronavirus.
According to the resolution, the penalties would double if a person repeats the violation. And if caught committing the violation for the third time, the offender would be referred to the federal public prosecution.
List of violations and penalties
- Dh 50,000 fine for not complying with instructions of home quarantine.
- Dh 50,000 fine for patients who refuse the mandatory hospitalisation or failing to take the prescribed medicines despite being alerted.
- Dh 5,000 fine for violating administrative closure of public places like shopping centers, malls, outdoor markets, gyms, public swimming pools, cinemas, clubs, parks and restaurants dining customers.
- Dh 500 fine for people caught visiting the public places.
- Dh 10,000 fine for organizing social gatherings, meetings and public celebrations.
- Dh 5,000 fine for people attending the social gatherings and public celebrations.
- Dh 5,000 fine for not conducting a medical test upon request.
- Dh 2,000 fine for violating precautionary measures set by the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention by people coming from nations affected by communicable diseases.
- Dh 3,000 fine for failure to observe health measures regarding regulation of roads, markets and other public places exempted from temporary closure.
- Dh 3,000 for failure to dispose of clothes, luggage or any temporary structures proved to be contaminated and can’t be disinfected by the standard established methods.
- Dh 1,000 fine for not wearing medical masks indoors.
- Dh 1,000 fine for unnecessary visits to hospitals and other health facilities.
- Dh 1,000 fine for allowing more than 3 persons in car.
- Dh 1,000 fine for not maintaining social distancing while walking.
- Dh 2,000 fine for leaving home with no important work or a genuine reason.
- Dh 3,000 fine for violating provisions of the law when burying or transporting the body of a person who died from a communicable disease.
- Dh 5,000 fine for drivers failing to maintain hygiene and following sterilization procedures in public transportation.
- Dh 10,000 fine for failure to take precautionary measures by the crew on ships.