NEW UAE LAW PARDONS ACCUSED FROM DEPORTATION AFTER DRUG USE, GIVING HIM A SECOND CHANCE.
The Federal Decree Law No. 30 of 2021 on combating narcotics and psychotropic substances, came into effect from 2 January 2022. It is bringing key changes to the Federal Law No. 14 of 1994.
UAE New Law
Amendments aim to move the UAE Laws in line with best international practices while ensuring a drug-free society in a coordinated approach that takes public health into account.
Key changes include Article No. 75 which stipulates optional deportation of expats in drug-related cases (previously deportation was mandatory).
Another amendment expanded the jurisdiction of Abu Dhabi Federal Courts to exclusively hear cases of promoting drugs, besides drug trafficking, regardless of where the crime occurs in the country.
In recently handled matter, considering implementation of New Law and background of first time offender, Appeal Court cancelled deportation order pronounced by First Instance, giving accused a second chance.
For legal assistance in matters related to narcotics and psychotropic substances, feel free to contact us.
- what is money laundering in Dubai?what is money laundering in Dubai? it refers to the methods used by offenders to hide the source of their money. Making such gains appear … Read more
- UAE Law of Evidence | All you need to know about Evidence LawIn the legal procedure and UAE Law of Evidence, evidence is generally defined as any information that is produced by either side to support their … Read more
- The New UAE labor law | The Federal Decree-Law no. 33 of 2021The Federal Decree Law no. 33 of 2021 concerning the regulation of labor relations (the “New Labor Law”) will become effective from 2 February 2022.
- The Crime of Money Laundering and the UAE’s Fight against that Crime
- PROTECTION FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATESFederal Law Decree No (10) of 2019 aims to achieve the following: 1. Combating the family violence and encouraging social cohesion between the family members and maintaining its structure..
- Physician’s Forbidden Acts under the Federal Decree Law No. (4) of 2016Law prevents the physician from doing (10) forbidden acts some of which were not originally set forth in the old law, e.g. Rooming patients in … Read more
civil cases criminal cases Custody Decree Divorce Drugs Dubai Dubai Court of Cessation Family Lawyer Federal Law Medical negligence law Mother Custody in UAE Ramadan Real Estate TAX UAE UAE Law UAE laws